Thank you for visiting the Asset Recovery Forum website. By using this website it is presumed that you have read and agreed to abide by the following:
Should you have any questions or concerns about this policy and the use of personal information, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Automatic data collection
Like most Web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all information that your web browser sends when it requests our web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet;
- the date and time you accessed our website;
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from;
- the page you requested from our website and the number of characters sent to your computer;
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer;
- The Basel Institute on Governance periodically summarizes and analyses these log files to learn how visitors use content on this website. This information is used to allocate resources effectively and to improve the content, organization and performance of our website. This process does not collect, store or use personally-identifying information such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
- Collection and release of gathered information
It is the policy of the Basel Institute on Governance to collect only personally-identifying information (such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number) that you knowingly and voluntarily provide by completing one of the forms on this website. Should you register at one of the Asset Recovery Forum pages, such as the profile page, find a practitioner page or the share and discuss page, your username and/or first and last name will be displayed to other members for networking purposes. You may view and/or edit that information at your personal profile and account page. If you wish to delete your profile please send an email to email@example.com
The Basel Institute on Governance is the sole owner of the personally-identifying information collected on this website. We regard it as confidential and will not sell, share or rent this information to others contrary to this policy. The Basel Institute on Governance does not collect, save or store personally-identifying information if you browse through our website without completing the registration forms and/or e-mailing such information to register for any of the above mentioned pages. The Basel Institute on Governance does not attempt to identify users or share user information with any parties outside of the Basel Institute on Governance, except in the event of a suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system's security with the intent to gain unauthorized access to or to do physical damage (for example, an attack by hackers), and as may be required in the course of officially authorized law enforcement investigations.
When you submit sensitive information via this website (such as passwords or contact details), that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software.
- Electronic Mail
When you send us personally identifying information via e-mail (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that e-mails this information to us), we use it to respond to your requests. We may forward your e-mail to the employees of the Basel Institute on Governance who are suitable to answer your questions. We do not retain or distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any parties outside of the Basel Institute on Governance. In no event, do we distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any outside parties. Information collected via e-mail will be retained at our discretion in a directly readable form as long as necessary to complete our response.
A cookie is a small piece of information that a web server asks your browser to store on your local computer, and then later your browser presents this information to the web server. In its basic form, a cookie is just an identifying number.
We do not know the identity of a person based on the numerical ID. The cookies used on this website do not contain any personal information about visitors, nor are they used to look up personal information about visitors. Even if you have entered information about yourself in one of our registration forms mentioned above, we do not relate that information to the cookie data.
- Links to other websites